Located in the Queshi Scenic Area in Shantou, Guangdong Province, Queshi Church was built in 1930 as Ling Tung Baptist Church to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the gospel's introduction in Chaoshan. American Baptist missionary Rev. William Ashmore, D.D., came to Shantou to spread the gospel in 1860. In November 1958, diverse Christian denominations in Shantou jointly worshiped, and it was renamed Queshi Church.
The architectural style of the church combines both Eastern and Western elements. The roof is constructed with brick and wood, adorned with traditional palace-style glazed tiles, and the entrance archway has upturned eaves.
On the left side of the courtyard, the lawn is trimmed to spell out the word 'Emmanuel,' and on the right side, some missionary tombstones are placed, including one belonging to a missionary's child who lived for less than a year.
- Translated by Abigail Wu