Located in Shapotou District, Zhongwei City Church is the only church in the city, only about 200 meters away from the city bus station of Ningxia.
The church's history can be traced back to the spring of 1929 when American and British missionaries preached the Gospel here and constructed the previous church. The former one covered an area of 230 m2 and had only 120 members until 2003 when the church was relocated.
Now, the church covers a total area of 2,996 m2 with a construction area of 1860 m2, which can accomodate 1000 people.
Rev. Huang, the chairman of Zhongwei CCC, tells CCD that the church has 1400 members and normally, about 500 believers, including many lonely elderly people attend the services for there are a large percentage of non-natives in the city.
The church has a pastoral staff consisting of three pastors & curators, two elders, two preachers and ten deacons. It has an administrative committee made of ten co-workers and 15 subordinate teams.
There is a daily Bible study and a prayer meeting. It has ministries for the middle-aged, the elderly, youth, a Sunday school and choir.
In August 2012, its annex, including the offices, combined with the rooms for Sunday school and fellowships were demolished owing to the road construction by the local authorities. The church decided to build a comprehensive building which is under construction with the area of 3600 square meters. A home for the aged will be run on the first three grounds.