An exhibition hall dedicated to the sinicization of Christianity was inaugurated at a church in Shanghai.
The opening ceremony took place in the study room of Fitch Memorial Church in Hongkou District on September 16, according to Shanghai CC&TSPM.
Rev. Yu Jiang, director of the Hongkou District Christian Council, stated in his address that establishing the hall at the church, a nearly century-old Chinese palace-style building, was aimed at further adhering to the direction of sinicizing Christianity and exploring a path that aligned with the characteristics of socialism with Chinese characteristics.
Following the ceremony, the leading guests visited the hall. Themed around the development of sinicized Christianity in Hongkou, the exhibition was divided into six sections: historical origins, patriotism and faith, leadership care, exchange and learning, comprehensive and strict church governance, and community service.
As a US-Presbyterian Mission (North) church, Fitch Memorial Church was founded in 1925 and completed in October 1928.
- Translated by Abigail Wu