German worship service has resumed at a church in Shanghai.
According to Shanghai Municipal CC&TSPM, on October 29, the Church of All Saints held a special German worship service, marking the first restored foreign-language service in the Huangpu District.
Before the service, the Huangpu District Ethnic and Religious Affairs Bureau and the Huangpu District CC&TSPM initiated a symposium at the church. The bureau granted the "Response Letter Approving the Resumption of German Worship Service" to the representative of the municipal CC&TSPM. Subsequently, Rev. Guo Feng, deputy secretary-general of Shanghai CC&TSPM, issued the “Notice on Collective Religious Activities for Foreigners in Shanghai” to the convener, Ms. Liu Bi’na.
During the meeting, Rev. Jiang Xili, director of Huangpu District CC&TSPM, presented creative cultural and promotional materials related to the sinicization of Christianity to convener Ms. Liu. Additionally, Rev. Wang Cuifang, head of the All Saints Church, extended a welcome to the German team.
Built with donations from missionaries of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America and Chinese pastors, as well as local believers, the Church of All Saints was completed on Christmas in 1925, with a dedication service held. The architectural style of the church is Romanesque, with an area of 1326 square meters (0.328 acres) and a building area of 886 square meters (0.219 acres). The main hall of the church can accommodate about 500 believers, and the annex can hold approximately 1,000 people.
- Translated by Poppy Chan